Aircraft Services Operative (Cleaning Security)
Please note this is part time for nights.
Please note this is a minimum 20 hour contract, with additional hours available.
What can we offer you?
- Fully paid Induction Training – classroom and practical.
- Airport ID provided including Garda Vetting
- On-site car parking facilities at Dublin Airport provided.
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Staff discounts for shopping at The Loop, Dublin Airport & local businesses
- Access to our Pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Strong career progression
- 20 days annual leave increasing to 25days (pro-rated)
Cleaning Agents provide a variety of professional cleaning services to ensure aircraft are well presented on both the interior and exterior. This includes (but not be limited) to performing a range of interior and exterior cleaning as contacted by the airline. Other duties may include cleaning office or retail facilities and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.Job Responsibilities
- Clean interior areas of the aircraft cabin including the removal of blankets, vacuuming aircraft carpets, wipe down tables, walls, overhead bins, windows and remove trash from seat pockets
- Replenish seat pockets with airline materials as per customer requirements
- Clean lavatories; wash basins, surfaces, mirrors and replenish lavatory supplies
- Clean and sanitise aircraft galleys; mopping floors and wipe down of work surfaces
- Arrange seatbelts on seats, placement of headrests, pillows and blankets as required
- Clean exterior areas of the aircraft as required
- Provide security cleans/checks as required
- Provide professional cleaning for office and retail areas as required
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include vans, aircraft steps, hi-lift vehicles, water/lavatory service trucks
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements. Qualifications and Competencies
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Swissport is an equal opportunities employer, for further information on this, please visit www.joinswissport.com.